As you all know by now, TOMORROW, Thursday, April 14th, is Route 66’s first night at the Turk’s Head. So be sure to come out and help us celebrate!
Things to remember:
1. It’s a dress-up night! So wear your best duds! (Or not… we won’t turn you away if you don’t. 😉 )
2. All times will be as normal: Improvers at 7(ish) p.m., Beginners 8-8:45 p.m., social dancing until 11 (yes, it’s back to 11 again! Or later if we refuse to leave! ;D )
3. We’ll (hopefully) be having a “Guest DJ” slot every week, with different people stepping in from 10 to 11 (or whenever) each week (don’t forget to let me know if you’re interested in signing up!). Our super special guest star for the first night is Bobb, so come and check out his groovy tunes!
4. Speaking of DJ sets, my theme for this week will be Lionel Hampton. There are 3 HUGE swing-era birthdays at the end of April, of which Lionel Hampton’s is the first on April 20, so I’ll be busting out all of his best tunes tomorrow night, including “Lavender Coffin”, “Flying Home”, and “Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop”, among others;. Swingin’!
5. Also on Thursdays at the Turk’s Head, there’s live Reggae music from around 10:20(ish) in the front bar, so after you finish dancing, you can hang out and dig that funky music!
And a couple of related notes:
6. Don’t forget as well to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for future announcements of special promotions (for example, passwords which will get you discounts), etc. We now have a Facebook *group* set up, so if you’ve already signed up for the Facebook *page*, get back in and get on the *group* instead (apparently you can recommend groups to friends whereas you can’t do that with pages, so groups are handier in that way). Sorry for any confusion!
7. Finally, our next 6-week Lindy course in Fairview begins next week, on Wednesday the 20th. See the website or contact us for more info.
That’s everything! Have a great day, and hope to see you livin’ it large at the Turk’s Head tomorrow! 😉
All the best,
Jamie and Clare